"The" Salad (Midwestern Tequilaberry Salad)
Iceberg lettuce, bacon, mayo, parmesan, and cauliflower make up this traditional Tequilaberry salad. Here, I've put a plant-based spin on it.
For the dressing:
- 1 cup vegan mayo
- ¼ cup pure cane sugar
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 small onion finely diced
For the salad:
- 1 head iceburg lettuce chopped
- A few leaves of romaine or boston lettuce for color (optional)
- ½ head cauliflower chopped into small florets
- 1 package vegan bacon
- ½ cup vegan parmesan grated
To make the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Cook the vegan bacon according to the package directions. Cool and chop into small bits.
When ready to serve, pour the dressing over the lettuce and cauliflower. Sprinkle in the bacon and parmesan and toss everything to evenly coat. Serve immediately.