Vegan BALT Sandwiches
We all know the classic bacon, lettuce, and tomato combo — but adding creamy avocado takes these vegan BALT sandwiches to the next level.
- 8 slices local, freshly baked bread
- 4 tbsp vegan mayo like Hellman's vegan mayo
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 package vegan bacon like Sweet Earth's Benevolent Bacon
- 1 head romaine lettuce leaves washed and separated
- 1 large hass avocado pitted, peeled and sliced
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Cook the vegan bacon according to the package directions and set aside to cool.
Toast the bread slices, if desired.
Spread one tablespoon of vegan mayo on one slice of bread. Lay down some lettuce, then one or two tomato slices, then two or three strips of bacon. Finish with the sliced avocado and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Top with the remaining slice of bread.
Press the sandwich down firmly. Using a very sharp knife, cut the sandwich in half and enjoy!