Looking to impress someone who isn’t into desserts? Look no further than these vegan raspberry bars. They hit all the notes — buttery flavor, crumbly crunchy texture, and beautiful color.
When I lived in Minnesota, no potluck was complete without “bars”: a universal term for any dessert you can slice into squares and eat with your hands. Blondies, lemon bars, pumpkin squares, and — my favorite — raspberry crumble bars take me right back to the Land of Ten Thousand Lakes.
These are an adaptation of Ina Garten’s recipe, with a few modifications to make it plant-based and to suit my preferences. If you follow a strict vegan diet, you’ll also want to make sure the granola you use doesn’t have honey in it.
Vegan Raspberry Bar Recipe Ingredients
These bars consist of a buttery, crumbly vegan pie crust base layered with raspberry jam and topped with a crunchy almond and granola topping.
- Vegan butter makes these bars oh-so-indulgent.
- Sugar sweetens up the bars — but not sickeningly so!
- Vanilla adds another layer of flavor.
- Salt is crucial for making the raspberries taste more like raspberries. Don’t skip it!
- Flour is used in both the base and the crumble topping.
- Raspberry jam adds beautiful color and tart flavor.
- Granola adds crunch and more textural interest.
- Sliced almonds finishes these bars off with a deliciously nutty crunch!
How to Make These Bars
Cream the butter and sugar in a stand mixer, and then add the vanilla.
Sift in the flour and salt with the mixer on low until it forms a ball.
Form the base by patting two-thirds of the mixture into a square baking pan.
Spread the jam over the base.
Make the crumble topping by combining the granola with the rest of the butter/flour mixture, and sprinkle it on top. Finish with the almonds.
Bake, cool, cut into squares and dig on in.
These are best enjoyed right away, but if you have leftovers, they save well in the fridge for up to 3 days.
I love to enjoy these with a cold glass of almond milk!
More plant-packed baked goods:
- Gingerbread Raisin Scones
- Irish Soda Bread with Orange and Currants
- Espresso Fudge Skillet Brownies
- Rosemary Pine Nut Cookies
Vegan Raspberry Bars
- 1/2 lb vegan butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup pure cane sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 12 oz raspberry jam
- 2/3 cup vegan granola
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the vegan butter and sugar in an electric mixer and mix on medium until combined.
- With the mixer on low, add the vanilla.
- Slowly add in the flour and salt until the mixture forms a ball.
- Pat two-thirds of the dough into a 9" square baking dish to form the base.
- Spread on all the jam.
- To make the crumble topping, mix the granola with the rest of the flour and butter mixture, and sprinkle over the jam.
- Sprinkle the almonds on top.
- Bake the bars for 45 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Cool completely and cut into 9 squares. Enjoy!