There are times for salads. This is not one of those times. Seriously. If you want a salad, turn around and go here. Okay, with salad-loyalists gone, it is now the time for vegan pizza dip!
This pizza dip is a little outrageous. It’s full of cheese, mayo, pepperoni, and a few vegetables (you know, for balance). I love this appetizer because it’s:
- Warm, melty, and cheesy
- Great for even the pickiest of eaters
- Easy to make ahead and bake when you need it
Key Ingredients for Vegan Pizza Dip
This dip relies on a lot of non-dairy and plant-based products, so make sure your local grocery store is well-stocked or order the supplies online before committing to making this!
Lots and lots of vegan cheese! Use your favorite brand — look for options that melt well so you get that ooey-gooey, stretchy cheese pull.
Vegan pepperoni: Sweet Earth and Field Roast both make products that are widely available. You’ll chop half the pepperoni to mix into the dip and reserve the other half, keeping it whole, for topping the dip.
Vegan mayo: Hellman’s is my personal favorite in terms of flavor and texture, but there are many, many brands on the market now! This, combined with the cheese, acts as the creamy base of the dip.
Vegetables: You can really use any mix you want for this dip. If you like it on pizza, it will be good in this dip! I use mushrooms, green peppers, onions, and olives. Diced tomatoes, jalapeños, or spinach would also be good.
How to Make This Vegan Pizza Dip
The dip couldn’t be easier — it’s a classic dump and bake recipe.
Chop your vegetables. This is honestly the hardest part. Make sure to dice everything relatively small so it’s easy to scoop up.
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, making sure to reserve half the pepperoni for topping.
Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and top with the whole pepperoni.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Let it cool for 10 minutes (if you can resist!) so that it has time to settle.
Serve your pizza dip with whatever you love! Some of my favorites include:
- Toasted baguette slices
- Seeded crackers
- Fresh raw vegetables, such as bell pepper strips
I also love a glass of red wine or a cold beer with this. It’s great to serve for a football watch party or game night, perhaps alongside this crunchy oyster mushroom recipe.
Vegan Pizza Dip
- 3 cups shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups vegan mayo
- 1 package vegan pepperoni (half chopped, half whole)
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8 oz mushrooms (diced finely)
- 1 small onion (diced finely)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced finely)
- 1 6-oz can sliced black olives (drained and rinsed)
- toasted crostini or crackers (for serving)
- your favorite fresh vegetables (for serving – optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the whole pepperoni.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and top with the reserved whole pepperoni.
- Bake uncovered for 25–30 minutes until the cheese is melted and the mixture is bubbly.
- Let cool for 5–10 minutes and serve alongside toasted baguette slices and fresh vegetables.