We all need a simple, versatile dressing in our recipe repertoire. One that goes well with any leafy green base, as a sauce for veggie bowls, or even as a spread for sandwiches. This hummus dressing ticks all the boxes. You’ll love how it’s:
- Bright and lemony
- Thick and creamy
- Deliciously garlicky
- Perfectly balanced
What Is Hummus Dressing Made Of?
Hummus dressing is made of just 8 common ingredients:
- Plain hummus
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
- Agave nectar
Simply whisk all the ingredients together (quantities listed in the recipe below) and you’ve got yourself a delicious, creamy vegan dressing that goes great with almost any salad.
This hummus dressing goes great with a simple romaine salad. It also pairs really nicely with darker leafy greens, so pour it all over your kale or spinach based salads! It’s great drizzled over roasted vegetables, grains, or anything else that needs an extra hit of flavor. You could also use it in place of the suggested dressings in many of my salad recipes, including:
- Vegan Burger Patty Salad
- Farro Salad
- Tequilaberry Salad
- Vegan Chicken Caesar Salad
- Veggie-Packed Nourish Bowls
This dressing saves well, so feel free to mix it up in advance and keep it in the refrigerator for up to five days. The flavors will only improve!
- 1/2 cup plain hummus
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons (juiced)
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together all the ingredients in a large bowl until well combined. Transfer to a jar and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Alternatively, add all ingredients to a large mason jar and shake vigorously until combined.